DESCRIPTION OF WORKS
Ford Civil were engaged by NSW Health Infrastructure to Design and Construct a 480-space car park on the corner of Mons Road and Dragonfly Drive within the Westmead Hospital Campus. The carpark was needed to facilitate the continued development of Westmead Children’s hospital and to provide much needed car parking spaces for the ever-increasing staff at The Children’s Hospital.
Due to the sensitive nature of future developments, the time frame for the construction of the car park was extremely tight and with the weather experienced during the construction this threw a number of hurdles in front of Ford Civil. Despite this the car park was delivered on time with the major stakeholder extremely happy with the result.
• Demolition of existing pavements and clearing of substantial trees
• Reuse of existing materials for cut to fill activities
• Stormwater construction
• Pavement construction for car park including bus lane
• Supply and installation of 2 large bus shelters
• Installation of electrical infrastructure including lights
• Installation and commissioning of full communications system, help points, security system and boom gates for complete control from the existing hospital