DESCRIPTION OF WORKS
The Sydney International Airport (T1) Terminal Forecourt represents the Gateway to Sydney where the passengers first experience the outdoor Sydney environment. Sydney Airport identified the T1 Central Forecourt as one of the external touchpoints to improve the customer experience and thus engaged Ford Civil to complete the design and undertake the construction works for the forecourt redevelopment.
Ford Civil planned and executed detailed staging of works to successfully minimise the impact on customer experience while maintaining production. Active management and consideration of stakeholder requirements and design parameters were crucial factors in successful delivery of the project.
The upgraded forecourt now has improved external presentation and optimised interface between the terminal, car parks and other ground transport facilities and provides welcoming experience for the customers.
• Subgrade preparation, trenching, excavation and backfilling
• Management and disposal of material
• Installation of HDPE Twinwall sheet for stormwater pipework
• Installation of all surface and underground drainage including subsoil drainage
• Removal of redundant utilities and installation of new electrical, lighting, water and communications services
• D&C concrete foundations, structures, pavement, planter edging, and awning infill
• Landscaping works including precast walls, street furniture, turfing and planting
• Value engineering which successfully cut both programme and client cost