Pendle Hill & Wentworthville Station
Client: John Holland Group
Project Value: $2.7 Million
As part of Transport of NSW plan to upgrade multiple train station with easy access for disable personal, John Holland were awarded contract to provide new lift shafts and improve all external surrounding of the stations. FCC were contracted to upgrade all external works around Pendle and Wentworthville stations, this included new storm water pit, accessible footpath and parking spaces adjacent to the stations. Install kerb and gutter, including bicycle and heel proof grates, bicycle parking loops, new tactile and pram ramps. New street furniture and signage’s has helped improve the overall pedestrian movement around the stations.
- Installation of bus and taxi stand footings, including power and communication conduits.
- New concrete kerb and gutter, kerb only, dish drain concrete footpath.
- Prepare and construct asphaltic parking bays, provide and install wheel stops, bollards and Line marking to suit.
- Platform re-sheeting – Demolish and dispose existing asphalt pavement from all 4 Pendle hill station platform. Supply and prep road base as required. Install new asphalt pavement to new contours and levels. Supply and install new platform seating including footings.
- Working near live train line and using hi-rail equipment such as Hydremer’s to safely conduct platform reheating works.
- Water retention tank and booster pump structure – installation of two 11m x 6m x 1.5m high concrete slab structure on a steep embankment for installation of a large water tank and fire booster pump to be used for emergency cases. Installation of 1m high retaining walls on 3 sides including stairs to top of the elevated slab.
- Stormwater works –installation of new Pits, lintels and grates
- Street furniture – Supply and install seating to bus shelters, bike parking loops and bollards.