John Morony Correctional Centre
Client: Public Works
Project Value: $2.15 Million
Sewer treatment plan and dam construction.
Construction of a new and larger sewerage treatment plant to be capable of treating more than 150 000 litres of raw sewerage per day with a target water quality suitable for toilet flushing. A new irrigation area incorporating additional landscaped areas. Design and construction of an offline dam (bulk storage) to take the effluent that cannot be stored in the existing 720,000 ‘closed’ storage. Water discharged into the new bulk storage will be of a class “A” quality and will be suitable for irrigation activities.
- Design and construction of a 12 Mega litre earth dam with HDPE lining.
- Design and construction of additional sewer treatment facilities with dual pump set to deliver effluent to new storage dam.
- New irrigation system with dual pump set to deliver water from dam.
- Installation of new sewer treatment plant.
- Upgrade of gas supply, meter and regulators to the Correction Centre facilities.