Jackson Landing Bulk Excavation
Client: Bovis Lend Lease
Project Value: $6 Million
Continuing on from pre-existing building works on the Pyrmont Peninsula, this project similarly witnessed significant bulk excavation activities. In preparation for achieving the developer’s vision, detail excavation and piling works ensued, with a combination of shotcreting and the area from any future geotechnical issues rockbolts in conjunction with a retaining wall was incorporated.
- Bulk and detail excavation of the Pymont Peninsular for the provision of new low level apartment blocks.
- Site clearing of the existing landscape and site remediation of asbestos traces.
- Installation of soldier piles and precast concrete panels in a sophisticated retaining wall structure.
- Remediation and rehabilitation of site with the removal of contaminated and asbestos soils offsite to licensed facilities.
- Long-term rock face stabilisation through shotcrete and rockbolting works.
- Perimeter concrete staircase and footways complete with handrail to connect lower and upper apartments.
- Timber retaining walls and imported landscape vegetation to compliment the natural sandstone.
- Interaction with aboriginal groups and communities regarding the discovery of historical and indigenous artifacts.