Captain Cook Drive
Client: Sutherland Shire Council
Project Value: $2.7 Million
The project is located adjacent to areas of environmental significance. The Towra Point Nature Reserve and Aquatic Reserve form part of the Towra Point Wetland of international importance. Works were carried out under a stringent Ford Civil Contracting Environmental Management Plan to ensure minimal impact to the neighbouring environmentally sensitive areas.
Works included the approved removal of areas of mangroves, Swamp Oak Floodplain Forest and Sydney Freshwater Wetlands, Land Reclamation, construction of Gravity Retaining Wall Structures, Flexible Pavements, Stormwater Structures, Guardrails and Landscaping.
- Road widening adjacent to areas of environmental significance
- Thorough Environmental Management Plan and Procedures operated under stringent conditions
- Vegetation Removal
- Land Reclamation
- Construction of Gravity Retaining Wall Structures, including Ecoflex E-Pave and E-Wall systems.
- Construction of Flexible Pavements
- Installation of Stormwater structures
- Construction of guardrails and traffic protection